HIBS finished with a loss today to Scots in round 3 of the tournament, but due to their first 2 round wins with bonus points, it was effectively a dead rubber and HIBS are safely home to the final on Monday at the Basin Reserve. Our opponent will be decided tomorrow when WC play Stream @ HIBS on our No 1.
Should WC win, there is a high probability that the Prem Youth Final on Saturday is deferred to the NZSSC Final at the Basin on Monday, in what would become a winner takes all game to decide both titles.
Update: The final didn’t get started with rain falling at the Basin when everyone showed up. With heavier rain forecast for the reserve day (Tuesday) and no other days during the week that suited both teams, it was decided to postpone the final to term 4 as follows:
Saturday October 21
Wgtn College and HIBS are to be drawn against one another in the first round of the PYG. This game will triple up as the 1st round, the final of the NZSSC and the final of the PYG term 1.
Rhys Morgan will try and find a ground somewhere in the lower North Island where we can play on grass. Should this game go ahead, but the other PYG games based in Wellington be rained out, this game will be declared a no result for the purposes of that comp, but will go ahead as a legitimate game with regards to the finals.
Sunday Oct 29 and Monday Oct 30
These will be the reserve days should no play be possible on Oct 21.
If we have a bad winter/spring and no play is possible on grass wickets, we will play the final on artificial. Every effort will be made to source a grass pitch, even if travel is involved.